Fayora Candle Care

Result of not following candle care instructions could result in injuring, fire or a damaged candle. 

Please read before using a Fayora Candle and take extra care as candles can be dangerous as they hold an open flame.

For use of our Fayora Original Candles, on your first burn of your candle you can leave your crystals inside the candle while burning. We would recommend not burning this candle if you are not within eyesight as when the soy wax melts the crystal will no longer keep its place in the wax. The crystal may move around once the crystal is no longer solidified in the wax which could be hazardous if the crystal makes contact with the open flame. We would recommend removing the crystal once the candle has been distinguished and putting it back in once the candle has been distinguished to solidify in the wax.
  • Please make sure you store your candle out of direct sunlight as your candle has no additives or preservatives which makes our soy wax extra creamy. Your candle has the potential to get damaged if it is left in the sunlight. This is best stored in your home and not left on a window seal where it can be exposed to direct sunlight. 
  • When burning your Fayora candle for the first time, please make sure you burn your candle till it reaches the edges to create an even burn.
  • When distinguishing a Fayora candle please blow out the candle away from crystal and dried flowers, this will prevent getting any soot on your crystal or prevent debris coming off your flower. We recommend you blowing in between the dried flower and crystal.
  • As the wax melts down & surpasses the crystal and dried flower it will lose its place in the candle. Put out the candle, move the dried flower or crystal backwards away from the wick to solidify in the warm wax. You must never let the candles open flame to touch the dried flower as that will cause sooting and will be hazardous. If you see the dried flower or crystal move towards the flame, immediately put out the candle and reposition the flower or crystal away from the wick in the wax. If you need to reposition or resubmerge, put your candle out first before touching the dried flower.
  • If you wish to remove your crystal from your candle, please wait until the wax surpasses the crystal and 2 minutes after you have distinguished your candle. You can rinse your crystal gently under some warm soapy water to remove any wax.
  • Keep away from drafts and vibrations. This will help prevent rapid or uneven burning, sooting, and excessive dripping. Please do not burn candles on window seals with windows open, this is hazardous and will create uneven burning.
  • Trim wick 1/4 inch before each light to prolong the life of your candle and ensure your burning your candle safely. (You do not have to do this for your first light as we pre trim our candles). You can use a wick trimmer, nail clippers, or scissors. Long or crooked wicks can cause uneven burning, dripping or flaring.
  • Place burning candles at least three inches apart from one another. This is to make sure they don’t melt one another, or create their own drafts that will cause the candles to burn improperly.
  • Keep out of reach from children and pets.
  • Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire.
  • Do not leave your candle unattended or go to sleep with it lit. 
  • Keep candle free of any foreign materials including matches, debris and wick trimmings.
  • Only burn candle on a level, fire resistant surface.
  • Please burn all candles within eye sight.
  • Do not touch or move a candle while it is burning or while the wax is liquefied.
  • Do not burn your candle for longer than 3 hours as you may cause your candle jar to overheat which will be hazardous.
  • Discontinue burning a candle when 1/4 inch of candle wax remains in the container. Failure to do this could result in fire, injury or the candle jar cracking due to the open flame having not enough candle wax to burn. (If there is not enough candle wax it will heat the candle jar and cause it to fracture.) When the majority of the wax has been consumed, the flame will heat the container making the bottom of the jar hot. To prevent possible heat damage to your container and surface, stop burning after only 1/4" of your candle is left.
  • When you have finished burning your candle (when it has reached 1/4 inch until the end of the glass) simply wash out any leftover wax with hot water and detergent. You can reuse the glass for other storage purposes.